A great opportunity to work as an Executive Assistant for a hugely respected medical institute located in London.
Our client is seeking an experienced EA to work with a senior director. The primary role of this EA position will be to provide comprehensive administrative support to the director and overall responsibility for team administration. The successful candidate will play an important part in assisting the director and the leadership team in achieving their strategic business objectives.
The main duties will be but not limited to,
- Management of complex diary,
- Managing the Directors inbox and prioritising urgent issues
- Organising workload for effective time management
- Act as first point of contact and ambassador for the Director – internally and externally
- Respond to colleagues / stakeholders and correspond appropriately within areas of responsibility
- Continuous progress monitoring of the Directors activities – reviewing action points – preparing briefing notes
- Lead on all team administration e.g. Staff leave Staff absence
- Have confidence in overseeing and managing budget and financial expenditure
- Take ownership on the planning and preparation of meetings including taking minutes and circulating these in a timely manner
- Develop and maintain working relationships within the organisation acting as the primary point of contact between the Director and all stakeholders
- Develop a sound understanding and working knowledge of the sector and maintain an overview of the main priorities, projects and plans of the directorate.
The ideal person will have a proven track record of supporting a senior executive and be totally aligned to the values of the organisation – and want to make a difference. It would be an advantage if you have a background within life sciences, health care or academia.
This is a challenging role so you will have to be proactive and diligent, able to work flexible under pressure, manage competing demands, complex internal and external interactions, and communicate effectively with a range of internal and external stakeholders at all levels. Continuous professional development within in this role is key as you will be expected to develop your knowledge and understanding of this complex sector. You will be personable, discreet, and comfortable advising the Director on key priorities.
The salary grade is circa £33K- £36K – consideration around the salary will be given to experience and skills. Future progression is based on annual performance review