Assistant Visitor Experience Manager.
We are looking to hire an Assistant Visitor Experience Manager for a recognised Heritage Company. This is a temporary role until early July, £12 p/h plus holiday pay – start early May 2021.
The main duties of the Assistant Visitor Experience Manager role are:
- Follow opening and closing procedures working closely with other key delivery teams to ensure spaces and events are appropriately and safely set up, prepared and cleared
- Proactively manage the rota to address any staff shortages
- Share line management of the permanent Visitor Experience Assistants holding regular formal and informal 1-2-1 sessions
- Confidently lead health and safety, emergency, and business continuity procedures as part of the museum-wide response team
- Plan and deliver motivating and informative daily briefings to assistants, enabling team to deliver best service to visitors
- Coordinate additional visitor-related programmes or events, working collaboratively with activity leaders, events managers, and the facilities team.
- Troubleshoot technical issues with exhibition displays and equipment used by the department
- Any additional duties which are required
- Excellent customer service skills in a public-facing environment
- Experience of leading and motivating a team
- Managing daily rotas
- Duty management responsibilities including health and safety and security procedures in a public-facing environment
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft packages
Skills and Abilities
- To have a confident, friendly, and problem-solving attitude
- Strong communication skills
- A passion for exceeding visitor expectations, a willingness to go beyond core duties to ensure an excellent experience
- Strong attention to detail
Due to the large number of applications that we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
This is an excellent opportunity to work within a leading heritage institution. Apply today!
We welcome applicants from under represented communities
and pride ourselves as an equal opportunities employer and agency.