We are searching for a Retail Supervisor to work for an established world-renowned Museum in West London. This role is for a 3-month temp placement at £11 p/h. Our client a world-renowned Museum based in West London requires a Retail Supervisor. To find out more please get in contact with our team.
The main duties are:
- To provide high standards of service to help maximise sales for the museum shops
- To motivate and line manage retail team
- To deputise for the Retail Operations Manager and cover the Retail Operations Manager’s days off and holidays by rotation
- To duty manage late shifts and regular weekends
- Staff management: managing payroll, rotas, annual leave, absence and performance management
- Prepare and conduct staff training and briefings
- To provide an efficient and high standard of service to all of the museum’s customers
- To maximise sales through excellent product knowledge, inspiring the team to share in this
- To operate the tills in a secure and efficient manner, ensuring secure cash handling at all times
- To ensure that the shops are kept clean and tidy and that stock is regularly replenished
- To take a leading shop floor role in stocktaking
- To help create and maintain, together with the team the Museum retail visual merchandising standards
- Update daily, weekly and other regular sales reports and KPI documents and conduct the weekly cash count
- To follow shop procedures and carry out duties as required by the Retail Operations Manager
- To undertake any other duties required in the retail team.
The successful candidate will have supervisory experience in a retail or museum environment and experience working in busy customer orientated retail environment. You need to have good communication skills, strong retail/cash handling skills, have a positive and proactive approach to work and consistently delivering the highest standards of customer service. A knowledge of, and interest in, design would be a distinct advantage.
Due to the large number of applications that we receive only successful candidates will be contacted.
We welcome applicants from under represented communities
and pride ourselves as an equal opportunities employer and agency.