Our client, a Professional Services company based in London with an extraordinary portfolio is looking for an experienced Payroll Officer to start ASAP. This is a permanent position and you will be working 37.5 hours per week.
The main duties of the Payroll Officer are:
- Acting as the first point of contact for all payroll issues
- Ensure that all data entry is processed accurately, including new starter and leaver information
- Integrate new starter details into the payroll system including all absence, maternity payments
- Process monthly data
- Processing additional ad hoc payments including STL, season ticket loans, bonuses, overtime and paternity and maternity payments
- Summitting Full Payment Submitting (FPS), Employee payment summary (EPS) and End of year Certificate P60
- Responsible for P11D’s
- Reconciliation with GT and STL
- Manual payroll calculations
- Liaise with benefit providers and communicate any changes with medical insurance company
- Contribute to the implementation of key changes identified from Payroll audit outcomes
- Responsible for generating and responding reference request for employment, bank and mortgage
- Distributing P45 and delivering statutory UK year end processes (P60, P11D)
- Reconciliations with GL, net pay to BACS, gross to net
- Make necessary payments (e.g. Class 1A NIC) to HMRC as required, ensuring that statutory deadlines are met.
- Monthly activities will include processing salary advances, season ticket loans, salary sacrifice, bonuses, commission, overtime, maternity payments
- Reference request from banks, references and mortgage
The successful candidate must have 3 years previous experience managing the entire payroll process for a business in the capacity of payroll officer. You need to have up-to-date knowledge on payroll legislation, clear and concise communication skills and ability to build positive and open working relationships across the team and business. You need to act and speak with confidence, be solution-oriented, ability to prioritise and meet deadlines, have a highly trained eye for attention and accuracy and someone who embodies resilience. You need to be a self-starter who can demonstrate initiative, have a strong work ethic, a team player, be customer focused and have good knowledge of all Microsoft packages.
Due to the large number of applications that we receive, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
This is a great opportunity. Apply now!
Job Reference: VWR0022_1533646416
Salary: £28000 - £29000 per annum
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: ASAP