Our client a well-known Arts Organisation requires a Facilities Manager to start 1 September 2017. This is a 5-month contract with the possibility of being extended. You will be working a 35-hour week and it will include early morning, evening and weekend work on a rota basis.
The main duties are:
- Dealing with all facilities queries and to make recommendation for service improvements
- Managing four buildings on a daily basis and 400+ events that take place annually
- Responsible for the Health and Safety issues
- Manage events and ensure compliant with licensing and statutory requirements
- Take responsibility for all staff and public in the event of an emergency
- Responsible for the day to day management of soft service contracts and contractors including Cleaning, Catering and Security
- Provide security for the School’s buildings. To manage the operation of the CCTV network, access control system and contract security staff
- Responsible for the Room Booking system for school students
- To provide effective advice, support, training and direction to Facilities Assistants.
- Undertake administrative responsibility for all related activities
- To manage the day to day activities of the school, including Royal and VIP events, conferences, concerts etc
- Involvement in all Facilities aspects in terms of building related isuses and occupant related issues including, allocation, inventories, inspections, complaints, security and maintenance issues, and the management of the residential wardens
- To hold a current First Aid certificate and undertake First Aid responsibilities
- Acquire, maintain and provide product knowledge and ensure that staff are well briefed.
- To manage projects as required
- To manage/undertake events and room setups as requested
- Manage and train stewarding staff for all public events
- To have knowledge and understanding of the operational systems
- To offer and provide training to staff and students as required.
The successful candidate will have proven ability to manage and organise customer-service provision at public events and have staff management experience in a customer-service or facilities management environment. You need to have good knowledge of the Health and Safety at Work Act and proven ability to apply this in a facilities management environment. You need to have excellent oral and written communication skills, excellent customer-care and interpersonal skill, good organisational skills and excellent IT skills (word processing/spreadsheets/desktop publishing. You need to hold a current First Aid Certificate or be willing to become a qualified First Aider.
Due to the large number of applications that we receive, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
This is a great opportunity, apply now!
Job Reference: VWR5050_1502806160
Salary: £27000 per annum
Salary per: Annum
Job Duration: 5 months
Job Start Date: 1 September 2017