Academic Resources Officer.
Medical Body, 6-month temp role, £15 p/h plus holiday pay.
Our Client, a well-known Medical Body is looking for an Academic Resources Officer to start ASAP. You will be supporting the Academic Resources Manager and the Deputy Registrar in the implementation of a variety of mini projects.
The main duties of the Administrator role are:
- Implementing and trialling proposed enhancements to the online postgraduate course
o Liaise with lecturers to move supplementary lecture material to Canvas
o Work with lecturers to divide lectures into smaller, more manageable
o Pilot new technology to enhance the student experience
o Work with markers to trial new ways of providing lecture feedback
- Support remote teaching sessions by providing cover where necessary
- Supporting online events organised by Academic Services and provide advice on hosting online events to colleagues elsewhere in the organisation
- Providing basic technical support and advice on the platforms which are accessed by staff and students and help triage basic support queries and may need to provide basic training in these platforms to new users
- Any other ad hoc duties that may be required
Education and training / Relevant Experience
- Undergraduate or higher degree
- A Level or equivalent in physical sciences
- Use of modern virtual learning environment, or a similar content management system.
- Editing and proof-reading skills
- Forming relationships with corporate colleagues from across the organisation
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent communication skills, both spoken and written
- Ability to work effectively from home, including excellent time management skills
- Ability to prioritise and manage a varied workload
- Excellent IT skills, including Adobe Creative suite use (principally InDesign and Illustrator
This is a great opportunity, apply now.